We all have to face the natural aging process and the changes it makes to our skin. With age, the skin becomes drier and wrinkles and lines are formed. To correct the folds and wrinkles that accompany the aging process, people come into our office for dermal filler injections.
Juvederm is an FDA-approved hyaluronic acid (HA) dermal filler that offers correction of age lines and wrinkles on the face. It is able to correct a wide variety of wrinkles, including marionette lines, the nasolabial folds, and parentheses lines.
Hyaluronic acid is a substance that is found naturally in our bodies. However, as we get older, the amount of hyaluronic acid in the skin tissues declines, leading to a loss of volume in the skin. When skin loses volume, the formation of wrinkles and folds occurs. Juvederm compensates for the missing hyaluronic acid by supplementing the amount of HA in the skin tissues, restoring volume and filling in wrinkles.
Juvederm is a safe and effective non-surgical way to restore your appearance and offers a glowing and attractive youthful look. Juvederm is injected under the affected skin area to fill wrinkles and lines. Then you will have a gentle massage in the treated areas by the doctor in order to ensure even distribution of the product.
It is recommended that you avoid hard exercise and excessive sun exposure in the first 24 hours after treatment. Avoiding alcoholic consumption is also preferred in the same timeline. You will be given complete guidance by the doctor as to when makeup may be applied after treatment.
Why Choose Juvederm?
There are many reasons why Juvederm is an ideal choice for treatment of age lines:
• Juvederm is a gel with a smooth consistency; because of this, the results are very natural-looking and smooth. For those patients who are nervous about the potential for an overdone and dramatic look after a procedure, this factor makes Juvederm an appealing choice.
• Juvederm offers immediate results and great improvements in the treatment areas, so you will not need to wait to see your desired results. Usually, just one treatment is sufficient to get the results you’ve been looking for.
• Application of Juvederm is quick. In a matter of around 30 minutes, the treatment is complete. This makes it an excellent choice for those with busy schedules. There is also very little recovery time involved, so it is ideal for many who want facial wrinkles and lines removed without having to deal with any downtime.
• Juvederm is biodegradable and reversible. If you are not satisfied with the results, removing the filler is a very easy process. The gel also disappears over time, and touch-ups are always an option.
• Juvederm contains Lidocaine, a local anesthetic, and because of this, the whole process is comfortable. It is a trauma-free procedure that involves no scalpels or incisions.
Find Out More During a Consultation at Our Office
If you are looking for natural-looking results and a more youthful appearance with no unwanted downtime, get in contact with our office and arrange a consultation. Dr. Leo Keegan, a double-board-certified plastic surgeon, will be happy to help you get the results you’ve been hoping for.